There is a huge and growing list of transport from around the country heading to London for the TUC demonstration.
We are trying to collate an up to date list of the transport here. If you have transport details that are not listed please send them to email@example.com.
For more detail on departure times, contacts etc, or to book seats, contact the relevant regional office of the union, trades council or TUC regional office listed.
False Economy also has a transport list click here
- Wolverhampton Trades Council are putting on a coach
- Birmingham UNISON are running 7coaches
- Birmingham NUT are running 4 coaches
- Birmingham University UNISON are running 1 coach
- Birmingham PCS are running coaches
Nottinghamshire 30 - 35 coaches
- County UNISON – 4 from Nottingham; + 1 each from West Bridgford, Sutton in Ashfield, Mansfield, Newark, Retford
- City UNISON – 5 from Nottingham
- Ashfield UNISON from Sutton in A, Kirkby in A & Hucknall; Mansfield UNISON & Bassetlaw UNISON from Worksop
- UNISON power 1 coach
- UNISON Nottingham University Hospitals branch (QMC & City Hosps)
- PCS 4 from Nottinham
- NUT 2 from City 1 from the County
- GMB 1 from City 1 from Mansfield
- UCU 1
- NASUWT 1
- UNITE 5
- See www.Nottstuc.og for more details
- PCS are putting on trains from Newcastle and Carlisle
- PCS putting on a train from Hartlepool
- Darlington Trades Council have purchased 27 train tickets
- Regional TUC are putting on buses from Darlington
- USDAW are organising buses through divisional reps
- South Tyneside Trades Council are organising buses to link up with TUC trains organised from Newcastle . They are hoping to
provide sponsored bus seats for students and unemployed people.
- NUT are putting on 3 trains from Manchester , Lancaster , and Liverpool
- PCS are putting on trains from Blackpool, Preston, Manchester
- UNITE have organised 3 trains
UNITE – NORTH WEST TRANSPORT
Liverpool (536 seats) - stopping at Runcorn and Crewe
Manchester (439 seats) - stopping at Stockport and Macclesfield
Preston (250 seats) - stopping at Wigan and Warrington Bank Quay
Scheduled Trains (additional seats)
Manchester (120 seats) - stopping at Stockport, Macclesfield and Stoke
contact the following co-ordinators to reserve your seat indicating Branch and Station preference.
* Travelling from Preston, Wigan or Warrington Bank Quay
Tony Hayes/Helen Beresford at the Preston Office: 01772 729243
* Travelling from Manchester, Stockport, Macclesfield or Stoke
Neil Clark/Trish Angino at the Salford Office: 0161 848 0909
* Travelling from Liverpool, Runcorn or Crewe
Steve Power/Maggie Hughes at the Liverpool Office: 0151 203 1907 or email
- Manchester Trades Council is putting on a coach
- PCS are putting on a train from Chester
Southern and Eastern
- A coach is organised from Brighton , contact 07779 357 110 or gerry,firstname.lastname@example.org
- A coach is organised from Hastings , contact 07807 289 253 or email@example.com
- PCS are putting on a coach from Milton Keynes
- Oxford - 16 coaches so far. Main departure from Taylorian Institute, St. Giles, Oxford town centre at 8.45. Coaches also from Banbury, Bicester, Didcot and Witney. Ring 07890081211 to book seats.
Coaches supported by Oxford & District TUC, Oxfordshire UNISON Health Branch, Oxfordshire County UNISON, Oxford City Unison, UNISON TVP, Oxfordshire and Bucks PCS, Oxfordshire FBU, CWU South Central No1, Oxfordshire NUT, NASUWT, UCU, Oxfordshire Anti Cuts Alliance
- Worthing 8 coaches so far. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org 07989 976044
- Portsmouth 10 coaches so far
Yorkshire and the Humber
- The TUC are putting on trains from Sheffield and Leeds , and unions are to fill seats on them. Contact 0113 242 9696 (regional
- PCS are putting on a trains from Hull and York .
- Rotherham Unison Health Branch is putting on a coach
- The STUC has booked 3 trains. 2 of them will leave during the day, and one will travel down overnight following a rally in
Glasgow . Contact 0141 337 8100 for more details.
- PCS are running coaches from Bangor , Cardiff , Merthyr Tydfil, Newport , Swansea and Wrexham.
The PCS have a list of their transport here
UNITE contact details for transport here