The start of the Atos Games organised by Disabled People Against Cuts (DPAC) is drawing near.
In three days time disabled people, anti-cuts activists, trade unionists will take part in a week of action against Paralympic Games sponsors Atos.
Atos are the Government contractors paid to conduct Work Capability Assessments on those that claim disability benefits.
With their computer-based and flawed “fit-for;work” tests, Atos are driving disabled people off Employment Support Allowance and into despair:
* Even the Government admit that the tests are flawed and the British Medical Association demanded that the tests are stopped immediately
* 32 people every week die of their illnesses after Atos pass them fit for work.
* Many have committed suicide after having benefits stripped
* Despite this Atos have been awarded contracts to harrass more disabled people as they are tested for the new Personal Independence Payments(PIPs)
* The ConDem Government treat disabled people shabbily whether in or out of work. Last week the Coalition closed 25 Remploy factories and more than a 1,000 disabled workers were thrown on the scrapheap.
Every activist should get involved to stop Atos and the ConDems:
Join in The Atos Games however you can – online, on the phone, or on the streets!
· Monday 27th: We’ll hold a spoof Paralympic awards ceremony, hopefully with some very special guests…
· Tuesday 28th: Pay a visit to your local Atos office – and maybe even take your protest inside! Details of local protests organised from Stroud to Edinburgh
· Wednesday 29th: A coffin full of your messages about Atos will be delivered to its doorstep. Messages can be sent to email@example.com
· Thursday 30th: Phone jam! Let’s flood Atos with calls, and generate a Twitter-storm they can’t ignore!
· Then on Friday 31st, join us in London where we’re teaming up with UK Uncut for the Grand Finale – an audacious, daring and disruptive action.
Right To Work is a proud supporter of the Atos Games.